S.C.O.R.E. Certified Performance Counselor
Time & Location
About the Event
What you will learn:
In this 8-hour training seminar, participants will learn how to overcome the most frequent and common errors made by supervisors and managers while conducting performance-centered counseling.
You will turn the usual failures into success by learning how to:
- Focus on modifying behavior.
- Create a supportive climate for the counseling.
- Provide clear behavior expectations to achieve organizational goals.
- Use an organized method to complete the performance counseling.
- Create an effective behavior redirection action plan with input and effort from the follower as well as the leader.
- Make the counseling about the behavior and not the person.
How it works:
The training will show participants:
- The differences in relationship, leader role, follower role, and the primary driver of development.
- How Motivation, Satisfaction, and Performance are impacted.
- The specific differences between mentoring, coaching, and counseling.
- How to make a coaching plan.
- The different types of counseling.
- How to overcome Communication Apprehension when discussing performance with employees.
- How to separate the behavior from the person while being supportive of the person, yet changing the behavior.
- A step-by-step method for addressing performance.
- How to include their perceptions and interpretations.
- How to show the gap in performance and expectations in a non-confrontational way.
- How to use Participative Decision Making and involving the employee in changing the behavior.
- How to create a written plan to ensure proper follow-up and documentation for both employee and supervisor to assess performance improvement.
Participants who successfully complete the seminar training will receive a certificate of completion, valid for three years.
- CPC Certification Training$149.99+$11.80 CA Tax$149.99+$11.80 CA Tax0$0
- Law Enforcement - ONLY - CPC$120+$9.44 CA Tax$120+$9.44 CA Tax0$0